Well this is interesting

5 Likes

I prefer the other Dave Stewart

But ā€œSweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)ā€ is cool too.

1 Like
6 Likes

It was the latest fake rumour mentioning the ā€œSahil Omarā€ name, which has been linked to a number of other recent events: an explosion at a border crossing in Niagara Falls, shootings in Las Vegas and Prague, a sexual assault on the London Underground, a gas explosion in Texas and others.

But not only was nobody named ā€œSahil Omarā€ involved in any of these incidents - thereā€™s no evidence he exists at all.

5 Likes

Here it all is.

4 Likes

Ohhh, I love that imageā€¦maybe I should try to paint space scapes?
And is there a grammatical term for two words that have the same letters but in different order?
(space - scape)

7 Likes

I think youā€™d have to nag Mara about that. (anagram)

2 Likes

Oh, thank you so much! All I could think of was acrostic, so at least I knew it started with an ā€œaā€, lol.

2 Likes

Well this is peculiar. I have a blood test at Quest Diagnostics today. Iā€™ve been getting email like ā€œ15% off your next diagnostic tests!ā€

WTF? Itā€™s not exactly pizza.

7 Likes

I actually got this email from Quest Diagnostics (this is just the top part):

Itā€™s in honor of leap year day!!!

5 Likes

The appointment itself was farcical.

First I had to use a kiosk to sign in (there was no receptionist in sight). I had to scan my license and insurance cards front and back. There was a large waiting room, with only me and another patient. The technician got to me immediately. Fortunately she had a map to get to the test room. She was really nice.

The technician started inputting a lot of information into her computer, and scanned my license again. She agreed that maybe the kiosk wasnā€™t connected to anything. I gave her my written doctorā€™s orders. She looked it over, spent more time looking at the computer. I suggested that the CEO is probably paid really well, and she said she wished they could use some of the money to do a rehab on the site. Indeed it was small and shabby. Except for the waiting room. Thereā€™s some hopeful thinking going on there. By this time I was laughing.

Finally she said ā€œWe canā€™t do the blood test here. But we can use a sputum test or a urine test.ā€ By this time I was laughing so hard at the companyā€™s poor procedures I couldnā€™t stop. The technician thanked me for laughing; she said most people get really mad. I guess this happens a lot. Finally I said Iā€™d like to cancel the appointment. My mouth is really dry due to meds Iā€™m on, and I was laughing so hard I didnā€™t think I could fill the cup without getting it everywhere. She said ā€œIā€™ll put the orders on hold.ā€ Yeah like Iā€™m going there again. I told her she should get a job at Labcorp. I thanked her for being so nice, and manage to wend my way out of the place.

Corporate health care at work!

5 Likes

Is this affecting you, @Franko ?

2 Likes

Very elaborate scams itā€™s good to be aware of.

1 Like
3 Likes

Series based on The Three-Body Problem due soon:

I had some problems with the novel, but it was definitely different. Be interesting to see what the series is like. (Maybe not literally.)

I would like to see Appleā€™s ā€œFoundationā€ though.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been listening to the audiobook of the first book of the series off and on, with about 3 hours left out of 13ā€¦ the premise is interesting, and Iā€™m not entirely bouncing off of it, but a lot of it feels like listening to a history textbook. Iā€™m sure making a lot of that visual will help.

Iā€™ve been enjoying that one, but itā€™s definitely not faithful to the books.

2 Likes

I canā€™t get past the headline.

It should be either

• Goodbye, Horses. Hello, Spaceships.
  • Goodbye, Kingdoms. Hello, Cosmos.
3 Likes

I never though of it this way.

That means other humans have been able and willing to help.

6 Likes

Ohā€¦ damn. Yeahā€¦ damn. Thatā€™s some DEEP shit.

1 Like
3 Likes