Well this is interesting

I think I’ll pass. :scream_cat:

3 Likes

I felt it because I was sitting down at the time. Had I been walking I probably would have missed it. It felt like someone was moving furniture on a cart. Vertical motion, not lateral, fortunately.

2 Likes

Oh the devastation

east-coast-earth-quake-damage-twitter-photos-tease_jxyiav

5 Likes

Here it is with on-going team coverage. The quake reported in classic local news style.

4 Likes

Apparently the epicenter was Trump’s Bedminster golf course.

2 Likes
7 Likes

So, speaking of AI, lol…

3 Likes
5 Likes

Some lunatics (lol) are saying that today’s eclipse will bring the rapture.

I’ve been a fan since I was a toddler (not a believer, mind) and saw a poster with all the people going UP and I also enjoyed being picked up (I assume), so I saw the poster and said UP. My father bought me the poster. So, to me the rapture is a fun little nostalgia and not real in any way.

But there are those lunatics who think it’s real. My partner wears blue coverall work uniforms 7 days a week, everyone who knows him sees him like this. Well… this week he retired a set of shoes and a uniform.

I told him he has the chance to do the funniest thing ever! But, on further thinking, it would only be funny to people who both know about it, and do not believe. Most people in this area seem to be believers, and so this might be unkind and belittling of heartfelt belief.

I don’t recall who it was, but I listened to a podcast with someone describing their own childhood rapture anxiety and it sounded like straight up trauma. (“I can’t find mom and dad, oh no” is normal kid stuff “I can’t find mom and dad so that means they went to heaven and I’m left here because I’m bad” is fucked up and bullshit.)

5 Likes

It was a minor meme back in 2011 when the end of the world was predicted…

5 Likes

In the late 90s there was a particular car parked in the Hopkins, MN parking garage. It had a bumper sticker that read, “IN CASE OF RAPTURE THIS CAR WILL BE EVACUATED.” I assumed it was something erotic in nature.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Got my pinhole ready.

This business of the rapture just blows my mind.
The prank is priceless.

5 Likes

Not totality totality but a fun workday interruption! I think we got 95%+. The construction crew across the way was yelling intermittently, so I hope they had eclipse glasses or something. I have my handy welder glass from the last eclipse, it’s not elegant but it worked.

7 Likes

5 Likes

I hope somebody pulled the prank! It looks like (shockingly!) the prediction was wrong. Ah well, we gotta share the planet with them a little longer I guess.

4 Likes

… overcast here all day

I saw the totality in Jefferson County in 2017, but going to Texas to see this one didn’t seem worth it

5 Likes

We had clouds around 2:30, but fortunately it cleared up. Neighbors came over with eclipse glasses. Really awesome! Another neighbor joined us with a colander, so we got to see it with a couple of dozen pinholes.

4 Likes

Live and archived seismograms!

2 Likes

4 Likes