Well this is interesting

And Supes isn’t a cyborg!

2 Likes

That is such a weird set of axes for a graph.

4 Likes

I guess the graph would be 24 times as wide (and 1/24 as high) if you just plotted the signal against minutes from 0 to (24 x 60) minutes. If I interpret it correctly–that it’s all one signal. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

What strikes me as weird is that the plot for the 18:00 hour just completely fell down to 19:00. Like there was some time traveling going on so 18:00 never happened but 19:00 happened twice.

2 Likes
2 Likes

And the missing trace probably had the beginning of the aftershock trace.

Maybe they’re hiding something, like the vibration signal spelled out “Trump Is Satan’s Understudy” or something.

(Like we need to be told.)

3 Likes
5 Likes

Very cool. But I wouldn’t want this one painted on my wall.

5 Likes

Even worse is contemplating what they might have used for eye bleach.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that must be a grotesque theatrical mask.

3 Likes

Could be worse

images

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

In contrast the Francis Bacon painting is supposed to look like that.

2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

I downgraded my internet. And I’m feeling good about it.

Having two large plastic boxes that need to connect to each other, connect to two electric outlets, and connect to a co-axial outlet irritates me in a way I cannot easily explain. They were like to grains of sand that would never become a pearl.

When I returned to NY in 2017 I was living out of a suitcase. I used my iPhone 5S for everything, including as a mobile hot spot. It was at 3G speed but unlimited. It was slow but I was fine with it.

Then came the pandemic and I had to work from home.

I quickly called Verizon and upgraded my monthly plan. Now — as I recall for an additional $20 — I would have 30GB of 4G LTE data per month. After that was used the speed would drop back to 3G with unlimited data. That sounded good. I had no idea how much data I would be using.

When I first started working from home Outlook alone used about 15GB in the first hour. So quickly, before all the stores closed down, I had to go to Spectrum and get their 400mbs service for the low introductory rate of $45 per month.

But of course I have been back to working in the office since mid-2021, when I was vaccinated. The Spectrum internet was a lot more than I needed and their rate doubled after two years. This year the rate went up to $112 per month. About a year ago I decided it was the time to act.

I wanted Verizon’s 5G home internet because I could bundle it into my mobile account, and it’s only a single box that plugs into the wall. Making this decision took a while. The problem was Verizon’s website. It’s all a continuous sales pitch, with very little technical information. So 5G home internet would be good, but it is not available in my area.

I calculated that I could easily get by with 120 GB of data per month. So now my phone is once again my mobile hotspot. I upgraded my service to “Unlimited Plus,” and added an additional 100 GB of data for an additional $10.

The end result is – my mobile phone bill has now been reduced by $.30 per month, and I don’t have to pay anything more to Spectrum. So now my phone+internet costs have been cut by more than 50%.

The part I feared most was telling Spectrum I wanted to cancel my service. I had to endure repeated sales pitches. I was accused of insulting Spectrum. It was implied that I didn’t understand what I was doing. It was tough, but they eventually did believe me.

I had to take my two large plastic boxes to the nearest UPS store to be returned to Spectrum. That’s fine with me. I had no idea what to do with them.

6 Likes

This should be outlawed. Never happen though.

4 Likes

I’m getting my tickets right away.

:astonished:

4 Likes
3 Likes