Well this is interesting

Using less water and electricity is a great idea. Too bad manufacturers can’t make appliances and plumbing that actually work as well as the old inefficient ones. And make them sturdy enough to actually last longer.

4 Likes

But it’s more efficient to throw out your appliances every two years and get entirely new ones! Plus, your old dishwasher might’ve cleaned dishes better, but it couldn’t automatically post to instagram whenever it cleaned a particularly interesting piece of food off a dish! And your old refrigerator might’ve kept your food cold better, but could it get hacked by a third world country to mine bitcoin to fund their freedom fighters?

4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

I like it. I like art that takes risks and people who have money who support risk takers.

2 Likes

Me too. I just don’t like this portrait. I think the florid style overwhelms the figure of the king, and the overall glare of red clashes somehow with the idea of the royal family.

3 Likes

Some good people have taken a more extreme view of the painting.

(That’s Baphomet, or whoever, in the center.)

4 Likes

3 Likes

-Steve Shapiro for Life Magazine

2 Likes

Is that Robert Blake on the right?

2 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’m really bad at recognizing music.

The version there is muddled, and led me to a misleading comparison with another song with almost the opposite sentiment.

The version here is clearer:

2 Likes

Thank you. I only found out about this song today and I’ve listened to it perhaps a dozen times. I find it incredibly catchy. Also I like a mystery. Someone suggested this song might have bled-through from a parallel universe. I would like to think that.

1 Like

@ChickieD!

4 Likes

Everything Ms. Doughty shares is fascinating!

3 Likes
5 Likes

Moss had no idea what their coordinates were.

“What rank are you?”

“Well, I’m not a rank - I’m a guitarist.”

A moment’s silence.

“What are you doing on the bridge?”

“Well, there’s nobody else here.”

“Who’s on the bridge with you?”

“So I said, ‘It’s me, my wife - the bass player, we’ve got a magician here…’”

8 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes