Well this is interesting

1 Like

Actually, this is hilarious to a degree.

SPOILER: Count the commandments on the stone.

5 Likes

I guess cursing is fine, but those kids better not be committing adultery or thinking about Stacy’s Mom.

4 Likes

“Though shalt not make stupid math blunders.”

4 Likes

Ya’know, I don’t think I ever really thought about it before, but… isn’t it interesting that it’s apparently not a sin to covet your neighbor’s husband?

It never fails, when you criticize someone else’s language details… :stuck_out_tongue:
Also… tell that to the “pi = 3” crowd!

5 Likes

I guess I don’t use the word “thou” nearly often enough.

1 Like

22 years ago already and I remember everything about this.

2 Likes

A country can always find a few sadists to work for them.

1 Like

Kilauea is at it again–fortunately in Volcano National Park and not threatening an occupied area.

In the same online edition is this story:

This may be a book I might like to read. It’s set in Hawaii, probably on the Big Island where Kilauea and Moana Loa are. I really liked The Andromeda Strain (as well as the movie) but not so much Crichton’s later works.

3 Likes

I wonder if “…until death do us part…” was in any of his wedding vows?

4 Likes

“…until I get a little more decrepit…”

4 Likes

For over 50 years, at a cost of $15 million a year, a project to continuously keep breeding and growing and then paradropping a wall of millions of flesh-eating worms per week, fed on artificial flesh and irradiated, between the continents, to make them have sex. Sure sounds like a low-budget sci-fi movie. But I guess it’s just some people’s day job.

7 Likes

Interesting and disturbing. Japan discovered the cruelest gameshow. Like “Old Boy,” but real.

3 Likes

Methinks Mrs. Alito doesn’t know what the Sacred Heart of Jesus truly means.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I just don’t know where to put the RFK, Jr. stories. And who does he think he is - Odin?

First thing I thought of, though I know they’re not exactly the same…still…

1 Like

Who has heard of this? Who’s seen it? (also, all his reviews are great, I highly recommend them if you don’t know about them already.)

2 Likes

I’ve seen the trailers on YT. It looks interesting.

I don’t stream, I don’t have cable, and don’t go to theaters (or any potentially crowded venue) any more thanks to Covid, so I have no idea if I’ll ever see the whole thing.

4 Likes

It’s on DVD, if that helps. That’ll prolly be the way I see it.

3 Likes

LOL. I’m sure I’ll buy that. Sitting down to watch it will be the problem.
I have a small collection of DVDs that I’ve never gotten around to watching.

I usually spend my quiet time at this computer, checking forums, programming, or playing games.

4 Likes