Well this is interesting

Wow and not actually crazy expensive for frames. Not cheap but cheaper than others I have had.

5 Likes

They say “intellectual.” Clark Kent wore them to anonymize himself, though. That they were clear is probably what attracted Warhol. I don’t think that I could pull them off. They’re classic, but I don’t think that they’re in vogue, are they?

7 Likes

Be a trend-setter! Or a bellwether!

(or some horrific offspring of a dog and a sheep)

5 Likes

(or some horrific offspring of a dog and a sheep)

A German Shepard that herds itself?

5 Likes

I’m afraid it’s self-herding cats and their identity crises all the way down.

8 Likes

Being all-plastic and roundish, they’re not far off from the 70s/80s nerd glasses hipsters have been pairing with toques (and with or without lenses) for a while. I think they have a more flattering shape though. They’re kind of like all-plastic versions of the half-hornrim frames which enjoyed a comeback lately.

Besides, with classic eyeglass frames, you’re either on trend or quirkily individualistic. You really can’t go wrong.

(Me, I wear decidedly off-trend rimless frames, mostly because I can’t be arsed to change them and I like how lightweight they are.)

8 Likes

Damn I love those. I have freakishly large eyes so cannot wear this style unfortunately but I dig it so much.

7 Likes

Vogue, shmogue. The one reason I’m not considering these, is because it seems like every frame-maker has a knock-off available.

Another sighting:

9 Likes

Dreamy.

8 Likes

I am gradually building a mental image of what you look like irl.

11 Likes

Is that the effect of too much cane sugar or Jiffy Pie Crust Mix?

8 Likes

Why can’t it be both?

6 Likes

Too much 1960s

6 Likes

Again, I think he’s wearing them to look more intellectual. I think it works, too.

4 Likes
11 Likes
  1. Wake up and fight
9 Likes

Not to go to far, but this is Truman Capote:

And he’s wearing these.
The rivets on the side have been changed for some reason.

5 Likes

Iconic though they may be, all of these pictures and people wore these frames 50, 60 years ago. We need to look for modern faces.

4 Likes

The frame Web site has models if you swipe through the carousel.

2 Likes

Here’s one. Chef Elise Kornack. I think she’s definitely rocking these frames.

2 Likes