Well this is interesting

I’d forgotten that his child died of measles.

8 Likes

If you like the RCA tape cartrige — and who doesn’t? — then this video is for you. He gets deep into the subject. Very deep.
And then it ends with a couple of British muppets. I will let you find out why.
All with a pleasant northern accent.

5 Likes

If you haven’t seen The Holocaust, I really recommend it.

5 Likes

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/479/transcript

#479: Little War on the Prairie

History, Minnesota, collective memory, Civil War

4 Likes

He had a talent for turning extremely technical psycholinguistics debates into exciting narratives. But, even within psycholinguistics, he had a strong tendency to present cherry-picked data and half-arguments as if they consisted the entirety of the evidence.

His early stuff was worth reading, but only if you made sure to read the opposing counterarguments as well.

6 Likes
13 Likes

Those last two scrolls look like the arrow of time is going back and forth. But maybe Buddhist monks can do that.

More likely I’m just misinterpreting them.

6 Likes
8 Likes

“Must be fifty ways to wrap your mummy.”

–Paul Simon

12 Likes

“Don’t need to discuss much, but your heart will be weighed against the feather of truth.” :notes:

12 Likes

Millions lost because founder dies and takes his passwords with him.

12 Likes

Something something smart contracts don’t require trust something something.

10 Likes

Have they tried looking for a Post-it note on the bottom of the laptop?

14 Likes

Look! He has a print of Pablo Picasso! Type in his Birthday! (Every hacker movie ever.)

11 Likes

Wait a second, in the mirror - zoom in on that - and reverse it. I think I have it!

9 Likes

“The laptop computer from which Gerry carried out the Companies’ business is encrypted, and I do not know the password or recovery key,” Robertson wrote. “Despite repeated and diligent searches, I have not been able to find them written down anywhere.”

So they can’t find any sticky note.

7 Likes

Well it must be somewhere. They’ll just have to look again. It’s usually in the last place you look.

12 Likes

Of course it is. Who would keep on looking after they found what they were looking for?

7 Likes

8 Likes

Just to prove that wrong, I will occasionally continue to look for my keys after I have found them.

Of course, this all depends on if the guy actually died and not trying to get out of a fraudulent business.

Not that that would ever happen with something as solid and dependable as BITCOIN

7 Likes