Whatcha Watchin'?

Is this the Netflix series, or some other thing with the same name?

If it’s the Netflix series, maybe I’ll give it another go then.

(I got scared when the girls heard the banging on the walls at night. I used to live in a house that did that – not as dramatically, of course.)

It is the Netflix series. I didn’t find it very scary myself, and I’m a wimp. More sort of “ghost story” - like The Others a lot if you have seen that.

4 Likes

I love The Others – anything where there is some empathy for the ghosts works better for me.

3 Likes

I expected the end to be very scary but it was more like The Others where you get less scared of them because you understand why they are there and why they are acting that way.

1 Like

OT… Is that a polar bear screaming underwater?

5 Likes

You’d have to ask @dfaris – it’s from this very BBS:

Puzzling Evidence

I thought he was roaring at the hapless underwater photographer below him. “You’re not a seal! How am I supposed to find a meal when idiot non-seals are swimming around and throwing me off my game? Take off, eh!”

7 Likes

It popped up in my my news feed yesterday. I have no back story. The image has apparently been floating around the internet for a couple of years. I made it my phone wallpaper.

3 Likes

Searching past all the appearances on pinterest, it looks like this is from here, taken by photographer Tilly Meijer in 2011. It doesn’t say what is happening but she has another picture showing a dive, so I imagine this is the aftermath.

5 Likes

To hell with the photograph, I want the story.

2 Likes

Whatever its origin, felicitations on your shiny new avatar. May it serve you well.

5 Likes

Catching up with some Marvel movies — just watched the Ultron one and Thor: Ragnarok.

Ragnarok was way better :+1:

It’s paced like somebody telling a story and not like watching somebody speedrun a video game.

10 Likes

I just finished the Fyre documentary. Good piece.

Man, so many people got screwed.

ETA: This is the Netflix one.

6 Likes

Watched Hotel Artimis while flying home.

Okay, it’s obvious someone watched John Wick and said to some producer, “that hotel for criminals is a great idea…let’s make a movie about it.”

And then failed to find a coherent plot.

It’s one of those flicks that you keep finding problems with hours after you watched it.

I mean Jeff Goldblum will show up in anything, but Jodie Foster?

4 Likes

I guess it should not be much of a surprise that this is terrible :-1:

You could fast forward through it with the sound off and not miss anything.

6 Likes

Which one? There were 2, a netflix one and a amazon(?) one (or was it hulu?).

5 Likes

Saw the one titled “Fyre”. Not sure which one. I’m pretty sure this one lumped FuckJerry in with “screwed-over contractors”, but I understand another one lumped FuckJerry in with McFarland and Ja Rule as a “screwer”, rather than a “screwee”.

ETA: The Netflix one.

2 Likes

Competing narratives! Nice!

4 Likes

Watching Deadly Class, very close to the original comic. I’m enjoying it so far but I must be getting old because I have to use closed captioning for the mumbling and the lighting is in constant darkness. Great alternative 80s soundtrack.

3 Likes

Just finished the first series of “The Good Karma Hospital.” Just watching is healing.

2 Likes

Ocean’s 8. What can I say, I like heist movies, and this was a pretty good example of the genre.

I don’t think I’ve seen either Oceans 12 or Oceans 13.

Reminded me of “To Catch a Thief”, for some reason.

6 Likes