Whatcha Watchin'?

Yes, or as the ISO 10664 standard specifies, a “hexalobular internal” screwdriver. (I learned this from the official arbiter of all things, Wikipedia).

I don’t know if they come big enough for a cassette though.

2 Likes

That was surprisingly interesting. I always assumed that tilting the pencil at an angle to catch was just obvious, everyone knew that, but also yeah a slightly larger pen worked better. I also had some drafter’s/artists’ pencils that were too large to fit. Cool to see that a standard Japanese pencil fits perfectly.

3 Likes

Catch it while it’s still up on YouTube, if you’ve not watched it already!

3 Likes

I realize this could’ve also gone into the Pride thread…but I didn’t think of it, not because I have a problem with him being gay, far from; but because I just totally accept the man for who he was, that it matters but doesn’t matter; same with him being Christian then not then Christian again…I just forget about it.

1 Like

And he doesn’t appear to’ve been a creep, like Asimov (shudder) was.

1 Like

Ah yes, politics in the 1980s…

2 Likes

Check out this guy’s channel, it’s pretty neat.

1 Like

We’ve been watching “Last Tango In Halifax,” a decent drama with some humor to lighten things up. One of the things we find interesting is that two of the actors, Derek Jacobi and Sacha Dhawan, have played The Master in Dr Who.

Nicola Walker is in the show too. She is one of the most talented actors I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

Forry Ackerman was great…

Also, if you’ve not read it, I’d recommend this book:

Asimov (though a creep) comes off the best of the 4 of them…

1 Like

Campbell doesn’t ring any bells; Asimov & Heinlein were staples in our library at home when I was growing up; and I read “Battlefield Earth” when I was married to my first ex-husband and promptly forgot it. But out of the classic sci-fi authors, I’d have to say Bradbury is my favorite.

Mom was the feminist in the family; she read McCaffrey, Norton and Le Guin. Now that I think of it, I don’t think she read any books by male sci-fi authors. She always was a sort of a quiet revolutionary.

1 Like

Yay, a new True Facts!

3 Likes
1 Like

Love and Monsters was pretty good, as was Spiderhead.

2 Likes

Campbell is best known for editing Analog/ Astounding until 1971

1 Like
4 Likes

I was watching “Wild Rebels” while painting this evening. During the final shoot-out at the light house, I heard amateur and professional fireworks going off around me. It was like a living Sensurround theater.

2 Likes

I know, it’s like the final fuckin’ scene of “Bonnie and Clyde” over here…on a repeating loop.

2 Likes

Thor: Love and Thunder was good. Not Ragnarok lever of good, but a pretty good time. Not child-friendly, despite starring children., (lots of scary monsters)

3 Likes