Whatcha Watchin'?

I liked it but it is only the first episode so who knows?

1 Like

Neil Gaiman is executive producer so I’m hoping he won’t let it turn out shit. Time will tell though, obviously…

4 Likes

I really like the Americans. They have nailed the 80’s to me in a way that I haven’t seen elsewhere. To me, it’s like how people of my mother’s generation talk about watching Mad Men.

5 Likes

I really need to catch up on this season of the Americans, but this weekend’s binge watching session was devoted to Major Crimes and Doctor Who. Also watched the Handmaid’s Tale and American Gods. The Handmaid’s Tale is amazingly disturbing.

1 Like

Where?

2 Likes

It was supposed to be on Monday night @9 on FOX, but I was at work so I taped it… or maybe not, I haven’t checked yet.

1 Like

The writers of Mr. Robot really do like Fight Club but there really is other stuff going on… mostly the slow burn which is too slow in places. But it keeps pushing. Regardless. And is better than The Leftovers. (Shots fired!)

4 Likes

S3 pulls it back imo.

Yup, it was on tonight (last night?) If you missed it, it’ll probably be on Fox’s website (or youtube) in a day or so. I haven’t watched it yet, but my dad did and he says it was good… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just saw this new-ish animated short from the great Felix Colgrave, and am digging everything about it: the style, the amazing hand-done 2D animation, the music, the weirdness.
DOUBLE KING

2 Likes

Started watching on Netflix:
Abstract
Grand Design

Am enjoying both; am significantly further into Grand Design. Either/both will likely make me want to start even more projects in the house.

2 Likes

Early on I had the same concerns but as I kept watching it I stopped thinking about other shows/movies it might be like and just enjoyed the world before me. Unlike @Melizmatic I really enjoyed season 2 as well. I was concerned that after the season 1 ending reveals that season 2 would have none of the tension created from various mysteries. But they find fun ways to confuse the audience all over again. I’m rarely surprised by surprise twists, but season 2 actually got me on one.

6 Likes

I also enjoyed how season 2 focused more on the other characters. By the end the main character ends up being less interesting than some of the others.

4 Likes

The hitchhiking scene in “It Happened One Night” - the movie’s on TCM right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar-hnj5Zsk4

8 Likes

They lost me at the ‘90’s sitcom’ format; despite the reason for such a contrivance.

3 Likes

I am loving the guilty pleasure The Client List, starring Jennifer Love Hewitt’s breasts! This is truly the stupidest show on Netflix right now. The premise, a single mom takes a job at a massage parlor that gives “happy endings” and keeps her family afloat one handjob at a time. Fortunately, despite the carpal tunnel she occasionally gets, her job is not to hard (ha ha, see what I did there?): All the men who come to her salon are hunky, ripped studs. Of course, JHo has to wear a variety of fun lingerie, though nothing too sleazy. Also, unlike actual prostitutes, she never has to do more than she wants to, and the salon is a safe space for all the women who work there, protected by their magical “client list” which includes high powered men in their area - though not any actual bouncers or security professionals.

The show is pure escapism but despite the ridiculous Harlequinn Romance fantasy storylines, it’s got a great cast, including Sybil Shepherd as JHo’s mom and Loretta Devine as the “madam” of the massage parlor. It’s also produced by Jennifer Love Hewitt, one of the few women in Hollywood who are in control of their own career.

In conclusion, this show has something for everyone: whether you love Jennifer Love Hewitt’s boobs or you just like soapy drama.

7 Likes

I was mixed on that series of scenes. I kind of liked that a truth is buried in his memories of a sitcom from his youth but something about how the scenes where done bugged me. But I powered through.

1 Like

I’m catching up on the current seasons of Agents of Shield. I hadn’t watched any of it.

I see Fortitude now has a second season.

2 Likes

I kind of stumbled across Legion not too long ago and REALLY loved it. It was beyond a pleasant surprise.

And now we’ve got American Gods which I’m beyond hooked on. I want all the episodes NOW! That casting is just mind-bogglingly good.

10 Likes

Oh sweet Jesus, Westworld is amazing. I think I’m a bit late to the party but wow. Just wow.

Starting episode four at 1:30am my time and I’m already disappointed that I won’t be able to binge watch the rest of season one tonight.

9 Likes