Whatcha Watchin'?

Hahaha, I “spoiled” that show for my boss when were watching it and discussing theories each week, and my theory turned out to be true. :slight_smile: Enjoy, its such a good show! (Jimmie Simpson follows me on instagram and I still don’t know how I feel about that)

5 Likes

Well the good news is you have less of wait than the rest of us.

3 Likes

Spoilers!

I can’t believe you would tell me that the well-written, obviously high-budget show with an all-star cast doesn’t reach a satisfying conclusion in 10 episodes.

I am so disappointed :cry:

2 Likes

I found it satisfying, I just meant the 2 year gap between the current season and season 2.

3 Likes

Paul Giamatti in Billions. kisses fingers So good!

3 Likes

The end of “Logan’s Run”, the original. I saw it in the theatre, and my mom covered my eyes when Jenny Agutter shed her clothing to put on the fur robe. I think that scarred me more than seeing Ms. Agutter’s breast would have.

And I love Sir Peter Ustinov! Even as Nero, there’s just something sublime about him. But in this, with the cats, and then the people see an “old” person for the first time…too great.

And Michael Anderson, Jr, from “The Sundowners” and “Dear Heart” as “Doc”? Didn’t know that!

2 Likes

It’s not a Carl Sagan biopic?

5 Likes

My Name is Nobody

Great film. Score by Ennio Morricone. Starring Henry Fonda (cast as a heroic lawbringer) and Terence Hill (as himself). Beautiful, long wide shots, inventive action set pieces, and a memorable bar scene. One of the early western comedies.

3 Likes

I enjoyed the Dear White People series on Netflix. Missed the movie when it came around, this isn’t what I expected from the title. It shows an ensemble cast of mostly black college students responding to some racially charged incidents on their campus, in their own individual, nuanced, conflicting ways.

5 Likes

Just finished the original Twin Peaks and was disappointed. It seems like all the best concepts from Twin Peaks were better developed in Mulholland Drive, so the high points weren’t fresh enough to make up for the tedious subplots involving secondary characters that I mostly stopped caring about. I did, however, stumble upon Lynch’s short film Rabbits, which is simply awesome:

And if you click through to YouTube, the first comment contains most of the the script and interpretive notes.

6 Likes

If you enjoyed the original Samurai Jack cartoon, and like animation, I can’t recommend the new (and final) season highly enough. It’s some of the most beautiful stylized animation I’ve seen on TV in many a year – this is Genndy Tartakovsky’s imagination set free and it’s kind of amazing to watch.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Between Time and Timbuktu

A television film directed by Fred Barzyk and based on a number of works by Kurt Vonnegut. Produced by National Educational Television and WGBH-TV in Boston, Massachusetts, it was telecast March 13, 1972 as a NET Playhouse special.
There’s a brief animated sequence suggesting a “Yellow Submarine” animator had watched some Terry Gilliam or Vince Collins.

IMDB details

Part One is on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmBKoO5pT94

Parts Two through Four are zipped files available for download from Google Drive links provided in a comment on this webpage

Rating: too early to tell. Very 1971-ish.

4 Likes

A like because Vonnegut.

Anybody else watching this?

Just finished season 2 of Sense8.

More. Now. Please.

Whispers and the related conspiracy plotline is boring to me… I could watch a whole season without the BPO threat and just the 8 dealing with each other’s lives.

3 Likes

The Book Group

• Dailymotion

• Hulu

• Thumbs Up

2002-2003 comedy drama, two series. Neurotic single young American woman starts a book group in Glasgow. Among the people who respond to her bookstore ad: an easygoing ex-climber, three footballers’ wives, a football fan who’s yet to come out, and a postgraduate. Anne Dudek, Michelle Gomez, Rory McCann and James Lance are among the stars.

1 Like

Anne With an E (the first Anne of Green Gables book) on Netflix is so so so good. Wow. Watching it with my 19 year old daughter. Totally perfect adaptation.

3 Likes

American Gods. Wow. Just wow. And I’m only just over half way through part two. The visuals are superb.

I had a thing for Ian McShane in Lovejoy, even more so in Deadwood. I must admit he is far from how I pictured Wednesday but, damn, he is perfect. Whoah! Cloris Leachman!

7 Likes

He’s pretty much exactly what I pictured: scummy, ancient, craggy, desperate, con-artist. Deadwood typecast him for the best old-bastard roles. And Tracy Ullman… er, Martha Kelly, as the sister of evil and absent good who doesn’t talk much except with her eyes.

4 Likes