Whatcha Watchin'?

Me and the kid really liked the first season, but we weren’t sure it had been renewed.

Netflix is so weird about it’s non-‘mainstream blockbusters’ schedules.

I’m still waiting on a second season of The OA and the finale of Sense8…

5 Likes

Only up to Episode 4, but I love Ramona.

1 Like

Her deadpan delivery is everything.

I also really like the daughter, Abby; her reactions and one liners are priceless.

1 Like

Just watched the first seasons of American Gods and Legion.

­

8 Likes

William Holden is the Star of the Month on TCM; “Golden Boy” (1939) is on right now, but I had to read up on it (I always do with every movie I’ve never seen before). In his Wikipedia article, I found out about this, and was struck by it:

2 Likes

Barbara Stanwyck seems to have a real rep for that. She’s known to have also ceded some of the limelight to Marilyn Monroe when they were in Clash by Night, back before Monroe had really established herself.

3 Likes

And the dirt:
The arranged “lavender marriage” to Robert Taylor; she, his beard; he, her merkin.
She was a Republican, but this was when, even though they hated liberals, they were still fairly polite about it.

More grace:

4 Likes

Sounds mutually supportive to me, especially given the times – which haven’t faded yet. Still plenty of arranged marriages in Hollywood, for various reasons.

5 Likes

Okay, this one, however…this is like…I don’t know, I have no words (and it’s not gossip):

Not that this happened every day, but COME ON!
And Cary Grant - his body of work shows that he was a good actor, but he was not a happy human being because he was forced to be “straight”.

I know, I know, the toothpaste can’t be put back into the tube, but Sheezus Pleezus - it’s the 21st century, why does some of this shit take centuries? (Answer: Because humans).

BTW: Jesus Christ was a lich (I watched “King of Kings” on Easter Sunday to find out what the fuss is about, so this isn’t really off-topic, is it? Anywho, whatever any/everbody celebrated on 4/1/18, I hope ya had a great time!)

3 Likes

So many dicks in that show…

4 Likes

Yes, it’s apparent when they’re on screen together.

3 Likes

Literally or figuratively?

*lolz

4 Likes

Literally, lots of dicks in that show. What I thought was interesting about it was that it was a pretty realistic depiction of sex and sexuality, like the guy sending Laura dick pics and then Shadow seeing it in a picture of their wedding day… or the sex scene between the dude and the Djinn. Anyway, I loved it and thought it was a good adaptation. I love how they expanded on the origin stories of different Gods, some of which were in the book and some weren’t, and how they expanded on Laura’s story so far. The fact that they’ve only just now are getting to the House of the Rock next season shows that they are going to be a few seasons getting to the conclusion

And now it turns out Neil Gaiman is helping adapt the Gormenghast books into another series:

OH, and we just finished up Green Wing, which ends on a literal cliff hanger and Chewing Gum. And we’re not watching Crazyhead, which is sort of Buffy-esque. Hopefully, there is a second season planned…

crazy-head-kickarse-hell

6 Likes

I had noticed the visible peen level was quite high.

And the sex scene with the Ifrite was smokin’ hot, pun intended.

Also, that d pic; if that’s actually Dane Cook’s member (which I doubt)… wow.

O.O

I haven’t read the novels, but I see that I need to.

3 Likes

I will be disappointed if there is no more Crazyhead. I enjoyed that show a lot.

2 Likes

I just finished that too. Pretty silly at first, but it grows on you.

Is your new avatar at the Olde Blogge Michelle Gomez (in a different role)?

6 Likes

Yep, same actor.

Her avi is Missy, the (much more interesting) female incarnation of ‘the Master,’ from Doctor Who:

5 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, Neil Gaiman. On the other hand, the BBC adaption from a few years back is effing incredible. The cast they put together nailed it (I hear their voices when I read the books now) and the visuals are gorgeous. Not sure what they can really do in a new series to add to it.

4 Likes

This honest trailer for Jumanji is hilarious…

6 Likes

you say that like it’s a BAD thing.

7 Likes