Whatcha Watchin'?

Started in on Ozark on Netflix.

Not bad. Money laundering in the middle of nowhere.

4 Likes

I liked Ozark, but not enough to stay interested. Itā€™s one example of its kind among manyā€¦ it doesnā€™t really do much to differentiate itself.

It kind of reminds me of Daniel Woodrellā€™s novels, but not nearly as good.

3 Likes

There were two credit scenes?

Curse my pre-screening drinking. After the ā€œprojectsā€ scene I dashed from the theater

4 Likes

I think thereā€™s only been two MCU films where they had nothing at the very end of the credits. One was The Incredible Hulk; I donā€™t remember the other.

4 Likes

Add another movie

1 Like

Huh? What do you mean by ā€œadd another movie?ā€

Is there a third beyond The Incredible Hulk and (I think, upon reflection) Avengers: Age of Ultron that doesnā€™t have an end-of-credits scene?

1 Like

Brooklyn 99 just got cancelled.

I swear this belongs in Fuck Today, becauseā€¦

Goddamnit, Fox.

Fuck. Where do I get my Halloween heist, now?

6 Likes

To me it was kinda a lame Breakkng Bad. I like Laura Linney so much - thatā€™s why I stuck with it. So far I didnā€™t see her used very well but thereā€™s glimpses that she might have more on the horizon.

3 Likes

4 Likes

And SyFy wonā€™t renew the Expanse

5 Likes

this KILLS ME. sigh

3 Likes

Noooooo! Thoseā€¦ thoseā€¦ motherFOXers have killed my Lucifer!

lucifer%20rages%20red%20eyed

See, this, right here, is part of why I quit watching most TV shows ages ago. Get into a show, start enjoying it, BANG! Itā€™s canceled. I got tired of that cycle, and quit the game. (And the networks wonder why viewership is down?) But I forgotā€¦ :sob:

ā€¦and one of the show runners says the finale ends in a cliffhanger. Of course. :imp: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :imp:

3 Likes

So we end on what book 2, 3 we arenā€™t even going to get the slow zone then.

3 Likes

The production company is shopping it around, so probably Hulu, Netflix, or one of the other streaming services

4 Likes

Good one of the benefits of streaming services they can keep shows going without having to have "mass market (moron) appeal.

3 Likes

This is something I love about one of my favourite showrunners. He refuses to end a season on a cliffhanger (open ending is fine, but there must be some kind of resolution/conclusion). His reasoning is that even if the network has told you that a renewal is forthcoming, they can (and do!) recind that at the last second, and fans deserve better than no resolution.

8 Likes

Youā€™d think they could just shoot some extra footage and cut different versions for if the show gets renewed or not.

FOR EXAMPLE: The completely unnecessary cliffhanger that ended Reaper. Shoot that one last scene the other way and everybody wouldā€™ve lived happily ever after :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

They cancelled Lucifer?

What assholesā€¦

6 Likes

Apparently Modus is upset too @AVClubā€¦

avc%20lucifer%20modus%20pun

(And heā€™s the one who starred me backā€¦ :heart_eyes: )

12 Likes

I didnā€™t know Modus was on AV Club; Iā€™ll have to go look him up.

6 Likes