Whatcha Watchin'?

how much screen time does spider-ham get?

4 Likes

Just watched the first episode of the Passage. It’s intriguing so far, enough to make me want to tune in next week. (I suspect I’m appreciating it more because I read the book a few years ago, and therefore have a decent clue about what’s going on.)

1 Like

The three leads are Miles Morales, alt-universe Peter Parker, and Spider-Gwen, in that order.

The next tier is shared pretty equally between Spider-Noir, Sp//der, and Spider-Ham.

So, he’s not just there as a brief cameo, if that’s what you’re asking. He definitely plays a role in both the plot arc and the emotional arc of the movie.

6 Likes

On a different note, I’ve now finished re-watching Game of Thrones through Season Six.

One more break to recuperate (Cersei, you ****** ****** ************ ************ **** ****** ******* ****** *******!), and then onto my first time ever through Season Seven, which should be more than enough time to catch me up before the Season Eight premiere in April.

8 Likes

I’m watching Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix.

What is so completely fascinating – and repulsive – is how manipulative the perp was.

1 Like

I’m watching Good Girls on Netflix.

I like it in general but there are a few scenes and character choices that make me want to slug somebody in the arm.

Great movie, as is the Princess and the Warrior, also starring Franka Potente.

6 Likes

I found all the classic Dr Who episodes (on a pirate site). Currently in the middle of season 1.

It’s interesting to watch, like a slow-motion car accident. Some of it’s ripe for MST3K.

I gotta say, the first Doctor was kind of a dick.

9 Likes

he was definitely “grandfatherly,” and of a different age than his granddaughter.

3 Likes

The first doctor is hit or miss, especially towards the end, as it’s becoming clear that Hartnell can’t keep up anymore. Second doctor is fantastic… But the 4th is always the best… always.

4th-doc-external

9 Likes

Anyone seen Glitch? It’s an Australian show. We watched the first episode last night and I really enjoyed it.

4 Likes

I saw the first season and liked it a lot.

4 Likes

Tom Baker did set the bar for every Doctor since his tenure, for sure. you never forget your first Doctor! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Baker himself is pretty fantastic, too.

EDIT from “was”…

9 Likes

Yep. Was well-acted but… odd. Probably the whole point!

2 Likes

My first Doctor was Eccleston, but this will be my next:

(I totally have a Pop Funko Tardis and 10th Doctor. )

8 Likes

First episode of Marie Kondo.

The Media Studies student inside me really set off an alarm in my head. Does anyone else see a strong element of Asian fetishism going on within the popularity of her book/show?

1 Like

I made the mistake of watching the pilot of Being Human before starting the series proper

The problem with watching pilots is — if you liked those versions of the characters, and that version of their world — TOO BAD, because you’ll never see them again

2 Likes

I haven’t seen the show, but the book, no. In fact, I got a few smiles from when Kondo turned that on its head by talking about some of the clutter issues her clients had, or her own struggles with clutter when she was a kid.

One of my favourite parts was on clothes decluttering. She had a client with two radically different aspects to her wardrobe: fancy slinky cocktail wear and comfy practical athletic clothes like sweat pants and hoodies. When they finished bagging the first round of non-joy items, all the fancy dresses were gone. Kondo said “are you sure you’re comfortable with the choices?” and the woman explained the cocktail/club wear were hand-me-downs from her older sister, while the comfy clothes she’d bought for herself.

I found the family dynamic points very relatable overall. There’s a whole chapter on how to deal with your family when you declutter stuff they’ve given you.

The version of the book I read was a straight translation of her Japanese book to English, so it includes things like reminding people Shinto temple amulets were only supposed to be kept for one year, and that there was no point keeping them after that.

None of that struck me as fetish-y. I had a good giggle over a lot of the book.

4 Likes

i get excited just thinking about all the kids who are seeing her as their first Doctor. : )

7 Likes

Ooh yeah.

“Mommy! Did you know the Doctor used to be a boy? So weird.”

9 Likes