Whatchya Workin' On, O Creatives?

Nice.

5 Likes

…Not the word I’d use to describe it, but thank you, Lucy, for sharing your story. I hope things are better for you now.

7 Likes

I meant “nicely written - it communicated a sense of one person’s early life extremely well.” The piece seemed somewhat autobiographical but I didn’t want to presume. I hope I communicated that idea, but perhaps not. More words seemed unnecessary.

8 Likes

It is somewhat autobiographical, but I was hoping that it wasn’t quite so obvious. That it could be any person’s story.

7 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

Small parts storage version 2 completed.

17 Likes

Put a tape recorder in the bottom right and an old film camera in the middle left, give it a title, and you’ve got an art exhibit. “Small Parts Version 2” works.

11 Likes

That’s fabulous.

4 Likes

Harbor Freight in the neighborhood? (Says the man with a dozen or so of those same plastic bins)

6 Likes

Lowes, actually.

But thanks. It started as one unit wide, but that really wasn’t enough space. As it is, I have smaller organizers that don’t fit, so I might make inserts for those.

4 Likes

Please come to my house and help me organize, LOL!

9 Likes

Similar post on BoingBoing, but not mentioning this “elsewhere” place…

I had a few sold paintings that (thankfully) clients were in no hurry and have passed the six-month mark of drying time, and were ready for varnish. They look so much better now.

I have four paintings on deck to start on for people here who jumped in to help when my cellphone died, but have room for a couple more if anyone’s interested. Two more orders in the immediate future ( like this week) would really help my bottom line.

There is something I would really like to try if someone is far away from the west coast of the U.S., and they have a Skype or similar connection for their tablet or cellphone. I really would like to have more creative control and try to create images that are more atmospheric and stylistic using what’s at hand in their household.

17 Likes

I’d be interested in that. I have Zoom videoconference.

2 Likes

I got the idea from the artist Hans van der Leeuw, I think.

He had put out a call on Instagram for a few people to model, and it appears he utilizes selfies or maybe even video conferencing. But his work seems to be so close-up. I want to try to create an atmosphere around my subject, and place them in a setting to work out the best pose, then we go from there. No long poses required, just a screen capture.
There is so much great stuff people are doing with selfies these days, I’d like to be able to work with clients more towards my own vision, rather than just being a copyist.

5 Likes

With Toys R Us going out of business I picked up a roll of Mayka tape for cheap and threw together a small Lego shelf.

Forty-five minutes to assemble.

Half an hour to paint, and then an hour to apply the tape.

And the finished product.

19 Likes

The first of 4 online courses I’ve been working on for over a year is launching soon. I am soooo proud. I am pinching myself that I am so close to launching this.

18 Likes

I need some groceries money a.s.a.p.!

This my last unsold piece, perfect for the kitty lover in your life. $20 shipping to the continental U.S., and whatever price you think is reasonable for a week of groceries.
At first, I was thinking a less random act of pizza, but I really don’t know if that could fly in TJ.

5 Likes

New album is released! Ambient, drone, abstract electronica; mostly Eurorack modular with a few software synths.

On Bandcamp with bonus tracks for buyers, and coming soon to the usual range of streaming services.

8 Likes

Two down, one more to go (but I have to recover the third Ground from the drive of my other system, which gives every sign of having gone through a power supply failure).

3 Likes

Five and a half minutes just on inhaling?

Thankfully I got this book as supplemental reading material:

7 Likes