Whatchya Workin' On, O Creatives?

So no encyclopedia in that library?

2 Likes

@tachin1 thank you!
@kxkvi thank you also (I was aiming for a mid 2000’s Rammstein sound, at best I got their mid 90’s :wink: ).

Likewise…much of what I listen to is Russian, Polish, German or what have you…it turns the voice into just another instrument, which is pretty cool.

Lyrics hidden to minimise annoyance

We thought we’d settled this way back when
Like yeast this infection keeps rising again
Seems no one’s learned much since 33
so fuck your plea for civility

We were fooled once and hid in the dark
Few lessons taught can make such a strong mark
Ironic gratitude for this tuition
Don’t uber mention it, our payment’s begun

Halt! No debate
Or false equivocate
Finish kick your master race
And we’ll turn your other cheek and crush your face
Speech will consist
Of your mouth and my fist
Take your last chance to smile
Because without your teeth you’ll find it hard to heil heil heil

You take your soil, and then we’ll take your blood
When mixed together all that’s left is mud
But we can end this simple dispute
With this anschluss of your head and my boot

Come march again, now the banners unfurled
The length of Cable Street now covers the world
No need to protest that your Herrenvolk’s null
We’ll measure each and every piece of your skull

7 Likes

I find this intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter :bat:

7 Likes

Wow. Powerful lyrics!

5 Likes

:wink:

3 Likes

My fourth Starthief album is out now on Bandcamp, coming soon(ish) to streaming services.

Dark ambient “uneasy listening” with Eurorack synths, Microbrute, software and (in one case) a janky microcassette recorder.

7 Likes

Did you put that record scratch/pop in there deliberately?

It’s pretty dark – like from a horror movie. Great for Halloween!

1 Like

I have a brush with a big round set of bristles, sort of like a shaving brush but with a paintbrush type handle. I use it only for dusting models.

It came with a rubbery-surfaced handle, that got stickier and stickier over the years. Finally I got fed up, and scraped it all off with an Exacto knife. Turns out there’s a nice hardwood handle under there. I got the rubbery goo off, then sanded the wood a bit.

Now I’m in the peculiar position of having painted a paintbrush. I didn’t use a paintbrush to paint the paintbrush. I used a can of spray paint to paint the paintbrush. What a pain.

13 Likes

Yup, the vinyl crackle was added intentionally in this case. :slight_smile:

Pretty much all the music I’ve been making is dark and spooky these days (I wonder why :thinking:)

4 Likes

A new Velcro backed patch for my bag.

Some new wool felt pouches for organizing tools and parts in my bag when I’m riding bikes.

12 Likes

I found this thing covered in dirt and with a rusted-out blade on our lawn while I was walking the dogs

After I freaked out and pulled them away from a tetnus trap, I cleaned it up and replaced the blade.

It’s pretty neat, I’d never seen one you use like this before.
So, if I put it in the pen cup point-down, the point gets dull. If i put it in point-up, I get stabbed when I reach for a pen.
Too dangerous to just leave on the desk.
Once again, the answer is a cork. Stab it so the arm part hangs closer to the center, cut away a bit so the chuck is lowered, and mark the arm position with a sharpie

It’s really very stable, you can knock it a bit and it won’t fall.

12 Likes

That’s the weirdest knife handle I’ve ever seen. What’s it like to use? Do you have any idea why it’s shaped like that?

4 Likes

Better control. I have a similar one that the blade can rotate for cutting out very small things

8 Likes

Drawings from during down-times:

7 Likes

Finally finished a bedside buddy for my Dad, who dozed through most of my visit tonight.

It’s not my own pattern, unfortunately; I don’t have the brainpower to make anything up right now. I found the instructions here. I used Tamm 2000 yarn (sport weight, maybe light worsted) for the body with a size D crochet hook. Since I didn’t have safety eyes, I used OmegaCrys thread (approximately size 10 thread, maybe a little bulkier) and a 1.0 mm hook to make the eyes (using black, chain 2; 8 sc in 2nd st from hook, drop black and sl st last st to first using green; ch 1, 2 sc in back loop of each sc around, sl st in 1st stitch to join, fasten off, leaving long tail to stitch eye onto body.)

16 Likes

That’s exquisite work! I think your version turned out better than the one on the instructions post. Your shaping is nicer IMHO.

6 Likes

Aw, thank you! :blush:

Eventually I do want to start making up my own patterns, and maybe sell them as a sideline. I used to do it as a kid all the time. But I haven’t done it much lately.

7 Likes

I’m starting work on a soft briefcase to carry to work. I’ve made a number of bags, but this form factor is new for me, and I’m going to be experimenting with both some design ideas as well as some construction methods. And materials.
And for once, I’m going to try to document my “process”.
Current sketches:

15 Likes

OOOH…I love things like this. If I didn’t already have so many hobbies, this is one I’d like to do.

7 Likes

So, I’ve started cutting and sewing the prototype for this bag. Outer front, inner front, and the bottom/side panels are done- I need to finish the back panels, divider, and top/zippers. Zippers haven’t come in the mail yet, so… yeah. Minor holdup.

10 Likes