Whatchya Workin' On, O Creatives?

So much this. Why does nobody else have this trouble, or alternatively, why doesn’t the software have a tool for auto-fixing it?

A-anyway, started over, and got a relatively glitch-free version:

Edit: Eyugh, Photobucket’s gone feral. Somebody shoot it, put it out of our misery.

As seen on Space Station Five:

Of course, I have now completely forgotten just why I wanted a 3D model of this chair…

10 Likes

Maybe it was a proof of concept for remodelling your home?

4 Likes

Shockingly on topic: I drawed a One Piece. That manga that will run until the heat death of the universe.

Looks better on my phone.

8 Likes

I’m taking a classical oil painting class, we’re doing still life.

Really pleased to be learning the “real” stuff after a life of mostly self-taught art.

21 Likes

Eh, I think my landlord would object if I rebuilt the flat as the Orbital Hilton. He doesn’t appreciate art or good design or human feelings or his dog or anything much that I’ve observed.

9 Likes

Those are fantastic.

7 Likes

So space x. Then send it up in pieces.

5 Likes

Are these greyscale originally or did you edit in Photoshop?

At least he isn’t rifling through your underwear drawer while you’re out.

…?

In the hopes of breathing some life back into the thread, here is a sketch of the D&D 5e classes I did a few hours ago that I kind of liked the looks of and might do a more complete version of.

If they’ve added Warforged to the game yet I don’t know about it. I just wanted to do a unique wizard. BTW, don’t tell Facebook there’s a nekkid orc nipple in there

7 Likes

A 3D model of a spaceship I designed for a Steve Jackson Games’ TransHuman Space game a few years ago:

Very WIP at the moment; I need to put a few greeblies on it, rethink the colour scheme, and decide whether I want to put a detailed cockpit (or any cockpit) into it.

11 Likes

I had no idea they were even still around.

2 Likes

They went quiet on the GURPS front, gee, I guess it must have been a decade ago, throwing their money into Munchkin and its spinoffs. They’ve been publishing PDFs to keep the fans interested, but physical publishing has fallen off their production schedule for the most part.

3 Likes

Grayscale painting, just filtered to monochrome to remove ambient light and slight tonality.

5 Likes

So, after filtering, it’s atonal?

5 Likes

Latest iteration, with a catgirl for scale:

I need to extend the ladder, obviously. The ray-tracing reflection on the landing legs hasn’t taken, for some reason. I think I’ll make the outer skin shinier, and add some antennae. I might experiment with putting the dark radiator panels out from the hull, and also make then slightly shinier so you can see the texture better, after I spent so long on it.

At some point, I might work on an uncrewed version which replaces the crew capsule with a cargo grapple.

11 Likes

I think you now have the makings of a popular anime here.

EDIT: Because the board’s software is a tedious nag here’s another sketch;

Hold the door? More like hold the hankies. Heyamirite?

6 Likes

Latest iteration of the Tenzan Heavy Industries Kirigirisu Personal Transport Pod:

With a Tiger Boy for scale.

Something odd happening to the material on the legs, it’s supposed to be highly reflective gold, but it’s coming out just yellow for some reason.

Still unsure whether to do anything for the cockpit. Technology in TransHuman Space is good enough that I could make it just fur and perspex, a la Barbarella, which suits lazy me. But I suspect I’ll be going more retro than that.

10 Likes

The lighting doesn’t entirely look like high noon on a brilliant blue day (look at the highlights elsewhere), so I suspect that is why your gold isn’t gleaming.

4 Likes

Maybe it needs a skybox and/or glowing light source so it has something interesting to reflect? It does look like it’s at least partially reflecting the lander and ground.

6 Likes

You have the makings of a top post on DeviantArt here. :eyebrowwiggle:

Not knowing a damned thing about the software: Could it be simply that the “sun” isn’t in a position to be reflected off of the legs to where the camera is?

5 Likes

Eh, the material is supposed to be the same as on the reflective thermal shield you can see reflecting stuff under the pod. Suspect I’ve got an extra rogue material somewhere with an uncapitalised name or something equally daft.

4 Likes