Whatchya Workin' On, O Creatives?

Four more paintings finished - and now I’m out of canvases! So I’m working on a couple of boxes till I can get more canvases.

“Desert River Scene”.
IMG_20230204_110005

“Various Surreal Cats”.
IMG_20230204_105945

“Multi-Roses”.
IMG_20230204_105927

“Phasing Butterfly”.
IMG_20230204_105910

2 Likes
4 Likes

Here’s a garbage truck I finished. It’s a kit by a company (Model Tech Studios), who bought dump trump kits from another company (Jordan Models, now defunct) and added the garbage truck details to it. A kit within a kit.

I have also been working on a model of an old street sweeper. It’s a kit too, and is supposed to look like this:

Unfortunately the metal castings were a bit substandard:

Lumpy, pitted, lines of flashing. The company says to “bend them as needed, then fill with putty.”

Screw that. I decided to 3D print some of the more visible castings and substitute them for the metal. For reference, I used the picture on the box, the castings themselves, and a photo of the real thing as reference. Here’s the body and cockpit file:

Of the original castings, I ended up using only the wheels:

I still need to use chalk powders to dirty it up, sort of like the garbage truck.

10 Likes

Nice work.

3 Likes

Finally starting to put the diner together. It’s an old kit I bought on eBay, with one of the passenger car’s end chopped off and replaced by the kitchen (which would have been on back, out of view, in the original kit). The sign and cup are 3d printed.

The kit’s name is Donna’s Diner, which is an interesting coincidence – unless the bosses at the company said, “No we can’t call it Donner’s Diner; we’d offend customers.”

7 Likes

Forgot to mention – the modified design is based on a different kit I liked a lot more:

It’s no longer made. It may be available on eBay, but it was the wrong scale to begin with.

4 Likes

“Glam Brick Wall”.
IMG_20230306_193542

2 Likes

I’m using a graphics program I wrote to find patterns of elastic collisions in 2D that are periodic. Mostly I just like the patterns of motion, coreographic time crystals.
Boltzmann_unit_grid_v5_bt2h

8 Likes

That hypnotic – very cool.

3 Likes

My nearly completed triptych, acrylic, magazine photo, and stickers on corrugated cardboard.
WIN_20230413_16_46_41_Pro

2 Likes
2 Likes

A video tour of my artwork as I’ve got it displayed in my home. And this isn’t everything displayed, much less what’s not, lol!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Many years ago, I got a packet of pencil drawings from my friend Bill Bryan. I’d inked this one back then, & I recently decided to color it, meaning I also had to re-delineate it.
WIN_20230527_22_04_41_Pro

It’s from a story he was writing & drawing himself. I may well have other layouts from it. Oh, and here’s his website:

3 Likes

Oh, there’s the giant penny.

4 Likes

OK, I see that The Giant Penny appeared in a number of Batman comics.

What is it?

3 Likes

I don’t know. Batman has a cavern of souvenirs from past capers. And that penny is in there.

One of the things I learned at the Other Place.

2 Likes

Remember: Batman’s been around almost as long as Supes.

2 Likes

Very interesting. I was wondering about the dinosaur too. But it tells me the when of the giant penny and not the why.

1 Like