Apocalypse Watch

and, 8 months later:

Mar 26: 8145 dollars
Dec 1: 4221 dollars

with loans that can’t be discharged in bankruptcy.

6 Likes

On the other hand, there’s this:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/23/college-students-use-financial-aid-money-to-invest-in-bitcoin.html

(Editor’s note: A spokesman CNBC cited for this article from Student Loan Report, Drew Cloud, is not a real person, according to The Chronicle of Higher Education and confirmed by CNBC. In an article published April 24, the Chronicle reported that Cloud was in fact a fake entity created by the parent company of Student Loan Report, Shop Tutors, which also does business as LendEDU. In an effort to provide transparency, CNBC is preserving the original report published on March 23. Here it is:)

6 Likes

Some problematic visual effects, especially during the denial timeline, but:

3 Likes

so much winning

4 Likes
8 Likes

And on the east coast the rain is at record levels w/flooding. A water-company engineer friend couldn’t come to a party on Sunday because he was on dam watch. Our back yard was a lake.

8 Likes

At this point we could just have a “Dr. Sarah Taber made another Twitter thread” thread:

9 Likes

It seems to rain literally at least every week now.

5 Likes

This is NOT the dystopia I signed up for.

13 Likes

Mine has more drugs.

5 Likes
11 Likes

BTW i made another topic for that

7 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Have we looked into the building properties of coal? Can they build a wall out of it?

5 Likes

Probably too soft. But you might be able to make pyrolytic carbon bricks out of it. At a couple hundred bucks a brick. Not very thick bricks, but you can’t have everything.

3 Likes

Maybe reinforced carbon-carbon, like the shuttle’s thermal protection system.

4 Likes

Yeah! Even more expensive!

2 Likes