Boost your Patreon campaign with Discourse

Thoughts?

3 Likes

I like how Patreon lets you do a set-it-and-forget-it monthly donation, especially if there are enough of us, it wouldn’t be too many dollars each. I’d contribute that way.

5 Likes

Use Discourse to support a Patreon for our Discourse? :smiley:

4 Likes

At our current cost level, $1/month/user would be an embarrassment of riches, half that would be more than enough.

There are still a number of things to do before we even talk about accepting monetary support, but the timing of the blog post seemed like a good moment to kick off a discussion.

6 Likes

I’m more than willing to chip in if it means that we don’t have to f— around with affiliates, sponsored posts, etc.

6 Likes

I think we’re all in agreement there. I like the donation angle, and Patreon makes it very low friction.

I suppose I’m looking for feedback on the discourse integration. Is patron flair, etc. something that people are genuinely interested in? It should be straightforward to add, so don’t be concerned about that.

In addition to the items mentioned above, I’d like to structure the organization in a way that helps limit my liability, both legally and financially. I’d also ideally like to set up some sort of board of trustees to manage it, to make the whole thing relatively bus proof.

6 Likes

I’m indifferent to flair, but having a proper business structure in place is only prudent.

5 Likes