Earworms - I just can't get you out of my head!

I had this 8-Track.

Well, I should say, this 8-Track was in the house. Either Brother #2 or Sister’s.

2 Likes

It’s a mistranslation from the original Spanish. The band’s actual name is “Los del Archie.”

4 Likes

This song has been stuck in my head all day.

3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

I swore I knew this song from the family copy of

But looking at the track listing, it isn’t there. So now I’m left to wonder what album it was on.

I had very eclectic musical upbringing.

Edit - Looking at the track listing…this belongs over in Deprogramming

2 Likes

Curiously I have a similar memory of having heard it on a K-Tel album named “Goofy Greats,” but now I look it up online and find it wasn’t on there.

I wonder where I heard it? :thinking:

Perhaps everyone is born with a genetic memory of this song.

1 Like

i swear, i never tire of this song. it’s a perfect pop confection, and it feels like summer.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s true. I hate you all:

My current earworm is 2 Unlimited. They may be a manufactured band, but pretty much everything is danceworthy. And after having stumbled across it again, I just can’t get it out of my head.

(Fun fact - Lords of Acid made the Mortal Kombat theme from that. No one has publicly said anything about it - whether there was a deal or something. I’m guessing there was and/or the writers/producers were the same people.)
2 Likes

This crawled out of the recesses of my grey matter on the drive into work and I ended up having to find the video to refresh a couple places where I couldn’t quite remember the lyrics.

3 Likes

An ear worm for our times? Though it’s unfortunate that Ms. Jones is no longer with us.

5 Likes

Time for a Friday Freakout, man.

2 Likes

Here’s a new one on me. As many times as I’ve heard this song, I’ve never seen this cover video. It made my day.

2 Likes

I must confess, I had never seen the video…

5 Likes

Neither have I.

1 Like

help help help! every morning, for the past two weeks (i think), i’ve woken up with the zydeco accordion and the chorus from this in my head. as earworms go, this is a new one for me. not sure where it came from, but i’m so sick of it.

3 Likes

I saw this song live on Colbert a couple of nights ago and it’s been rolling around in my head since then. The dance choreography in the video makes it even better. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes
6 Likes

I had a song (which shall not be named) stuck in my head for days, so I tried to find something to get it unstuck and ended up with this instead.

It occurs to me that I never really listened to the lyrics outside of the chorus before and missed such nonsensical gems as:

Fire in the ice
Naked to the T-bone
Is a lover’s disguise
Bangin’ on the head drum
Shakin’ like a mad bull

and

Movin’ like a hammer
She’s a miracle man
Lovin’ is the ocean
Kissin’ is the wet sand

So now I have another song stuck in my head, but at least it’s nonsense.

5 Likes