Site Bugs?

They’ll even use a chairbuchet

9 Likes

Touché.

6 Likes

The search parameter in:title not working?

2 Likes

Just got a “nice share” badge notification that links to a post that is a) not mine and b) has no link.

4 Likes

Did you link to it?

2 Likes

Is anyone else having a problem with default avatars? That is to say, ones where people did not load their own image but are using the letters from Discourse, for instance MarjaE at the very start of this topic. To me these are showing as missing images, on multiple computers and browsers.

7 Likes

It looks like it affects pretty much everyone.

There’s a fix, but I think it will ultimately involve me upgrading the site. If no one has any objections, I’ll try to do that sometime this week.

@ficuswhisperer, did the UI change they made ever improve, or does it still have the problems you identified earlier?

@tinoesroho, do you think any of the changes to themes have an impact on the customization you’ve done?

6 Likes

Customizations regression report:

• Themes will be unaffected.
  • Mute Script will be unaffected.
5 Likes

On that note, how do I set up a new avatar, and any suggestions?

3 Likes

Click/tap on the (currently non-existant) icon in the upper-right, and click the gear for preferences. Profile picture should be most of the way down the page.

I’m partial to randomly iconic elements of old pinball machines, myself.

4 Likes

IMHO, essentially immortal anarcho-terrorist mutants who look like nice old men in flat caps > pinball machines, but YMMV.

7 Likes

No, but Sam has a component that restores the original behavior. If you could apply it, that’d be swell.

4 Likes

I see no issue with installing that. I’ll take care of it shortly after the upgrade.

@tinoesroho, since theme elements are a thing, does it make sense to bundle up your mute functionality into one? That should isolate it well enough, and might make it something you could easily distribute for other sites, should you want to.

7 Likes

Hm, that could definitely work. I’ll tackle that in the next twelve hours.

6 Likes

I’m obviously partial to a literal depiction of the user name, but that may not work for everyone.

Honestly, though, any image you wouldn’t mind having next to all your posts is a good avatar. It doesn’t hurt if it says something about you – for instance, while many of the things you talk about seem hard to depict, I’m sure you could pick one from historical gaming. But really anything you like will serve the same purpose.

4 Likes

I’m on an iPad which has recently been updated. I tried to follow a link which had been spoilered.

It was this one, but I’m not sure if that makes a difference. Well this is interesting:

I click the link, and it is un-burred, as expected. Another click (tap I guess) blurs it again, and I can’t seem to actually go to what is apparently something gross. I understand the blurring, just wondering if it’s just me who can’t follow the link, on this device.

5 Likes

I see that on my fully patched Android device.

Click once to unblur

Click and hold to get open in new tab.

Is how I make it work for myself

7 Likes

Well, I coulda sworn I’d tried that, but I guess I didn’t, because it worked a treat. Thank you!

6 Likes

I’m on an iPad now, and the coffee cup Icon in the upper left corner is missing. Tapping there still works. Where’s my coffee?

ETA Safari.

4 Likes

Now on Windows 10 PC, Firefox 65.0.1. No coffee cup icon.

2 Likes