Victory! 🌷💥🎆🎉😎 I'm a Rockstar!

Husbandibulum was offered a full time job representing indigent clients. This is the first time we’ll have been a two income house since the kids were born.

16 Likes

YASSS

I’ve really enjoyed working with an amazing team at staples. Training coworkers, building a team, and getting to essentially build the tech service pillar of the store has been immensely humbling, gratifying, and rewarding.

It has also, uh, not been financially rewarding, nor physically healthy.

Patience is key to growth. Whether you’re welcoming a furbaby into your life, raising an actual baby, training customers and coworkers (or all the above), patience is the single biggrst asset to master.

All that aside, I’d like to announce that I’m taking the next big leap. I’ve successfully passed two rounds of screening and am scheduled for the first round of interviews at a company that pays a living wage and offerd benefits.

Thank you all for your time and patience. This caterpillar is about to become a beautiful butterfly!

Do not give up on your dreams. Even if you cannot believe in yourself, you can believe in those who believe in you. I wanna shout out my awesome managers Jo-ann and Jeremy for believing in me and pushing me to be thr best me possible. Thanks, 156!

20 Likes

kimmy-schmidt-fingers-crossed

Kamina said it best!

gurren-lagann-kamina-believe-me

14 Likes

Yes!!! So proud of you. You deserve it.

13 Likes

Now that I’m full time into my own business, I want to run a teacher training program. These cost about $3000 and up to attend, and so have become the main way teachers support themselves. I have never run one, and was looking into creating a program myself. It’s a lot of work to develop one.

A lot of older teachers like me are not part of this trade organization for yoga teachers that is basically, TLDR, a bunch of weak sauce. It also means I can’t give out this bogus “credential” which is the equivalent of giving out a sticker that says “I’m a real yoga teacher now,” and will get you just as many paying jobs as that sticker will (none).

For many years I ran the discussion board for one of the top teachers in the world. I assisted him at workshops, and not only am I a graduate of his teacher training program, he gave me entrance to that program as a gift.

So, I’m bursting with pride that I am now one of a handful of teachers authorized to promote themselves at Freedom Yoga teachers (his style) and use his training materials. When I requested his permission he wrote back “You are more than qualified.”

Besides being a huge honor, being able to teach from his materials means I can create a training program much more quickly.

18 Likes

Excellent! Go forth and Yoga-tize

11 Likes

I’m so proud of you! Congratulations! Namaste!

aggretsuko-yoga-future

12 Likes

This isn’t for me, but for my son:
He arranged himself for an insurance-company-provided ride to the doctor’s for his physical this Thursday.

For those who don’t know about my son, he’s 30, falls into the high-functioning area of ASD, has adult ADHD, and clinical depression. He’s lived with me all his life, with time spent with his dad and members of his dad’s family (his grandpa and aunt more than his dad, really). I’ve been doing all the scheduling; he’s not shown an interest in doing so. When he was a minor, this made sense…but now…not so much. How much of it is on me due to the old mom-saying, “It’s easier if I JUST do it MYself” - you all know it, I’m sure, but it’s a hard habit to break. Because it usually IS easier, and quicker too, LOL!

Anyhow, YAY for my son! Even when he got frustrated at his first attempt (there was confusion about his ID number), he knew to wait and cool off and try again.

14 Likes

This is amazing news!

And yeah, no doubt it is easier for you, but that’s because he’s got to learn it.

Congratulations on enabling positive steps!

6 Likes

I’ve just done another round of doctor visits and everything is improving. I was in a super good mood after today’s visit.

My thyroid is slowing down so my dose has been halved. I’m on one daily pill of the lowest dosage. My actual TSH was finally detectable last test and is now actually too high. So this may be the beginning of fully tapering off the meds.

My kidneys improved quickly once the Rituxan took effect. My protein loss has dropped from 12 grams a day to about 2 grams. I will get a second round of infusions next month. So 6 more months of compromised immunity but it’s working.

Hopefully I’ll be able to drop the cholesterol med soon. The lack of protein in my blood was causing overproduction of cholesterol, but I actually don’t know what my level was pre illness. Blood protien is totally normal again.

I’m allowed to have some caffeine again so yay tea, and I’m allowed more salt. I’m keeping it under 2300mg now instead of under 1500mg.

My weight is back up but has leveled off. I was a little afraid of run away weight gain from my thyroid treatment but my new baseline is only about 7 pounds heavier than my pre illness weight. So my fear of yo yoing from out of control loss to out of control gain did not come to pass.

I’m pretty much symptom free and side effect free right now so it’s just a matter of following my treatment and avoiding infection for now.

19 Likes

This is exciting. A year ago I came to Chattanooga and got involved in the business community. Everyone told me to go to Start Up Week and network like crazy.

I did and learned so much and met so many people.

This year, I’m a presenter!!!

17 Likes

partay-animal

11 Likes

I resigned a volunteer post today over their non handling of my sexism complaint.

I feel awesome.

Edit: I also made it to lovely Phoenix and my hair looks nice in the lack of humidity for once.

16 Likes

Given that I only know my height to maybe the nearest half inch, and given that my scale tends to report slightly different weights from one measurement to the next,

TODAY my Body Mass Index is between 24.71 and 25.07

which I would usually round to 24.9 but I’d still like to get the upper boundary down a little

10 Likes

Avid readers of this website might recall that three-and-a-half months ago (June 16th) I made an offer on a co-op apartment. Today I finally closed.

Now, for the first time in my half-over life, I have a decent job and a decent place to live. Achieving these two goals has been the central focus of my life for the past six years. I’m going to have to re-aquatint myself with living. I feel like crying, but I don’t have enough energy.

My life’s possessions have been sealed in cardboard boxes since 2011.

19 Likes

Congratulations! Happy moving in!

8 Likes

I’m so happy for you!!!

7 Likes

Entered a biotech focused pub quiz tonight. Won single handed. With the bonus that apparently a group of local biotech students were getting cocky about it.

15 Likes

after a busy and stressful six weeks, I beat growth projections, despite many technical difficulties, and quite solidly. my staff have lost the bet and will be wearing a perm for the month of October, sales manager included.

I’m still actively seeking other opportunities. But I’m glad that I have not lost the magic spark.

18 Likes

MY FRIENDS ARE ROCKSTARS WHO GIVE ME VICTORY!!! (and they know who they are!)

I’m paying off my ticket today, thanks to the above. I’m getting a car today, thanks to the above. This car:

State Farm has forgiven my accident, so my insurance rate has gone DOWN from when I had the 2005 PT Cruiser. Thanks to technology, even though my printer doesn’t work so I can’t print out my certificate of insurance, but…okay, get this…I CAN ACCESS MY EMAIL FROM MY PHONE!!! Isn’t that a marvy thing?

My musical partner is doing this for me. As you may or mayn’t know, we were once a serious, romantic couple; now, we’re just good friends.

12 Likes