The Arrivals Lounge

Fabulous! We completely crazy about cats. Once had 6 cats: 4 we chose, and two we adopted from an elderly friend who couldn’t take care of them anymore.

Now we have only one, who wants no other cats in the house . . .

13 Likes

Welcome!

11 Likes

Thank you! Glad to see you! :kissing_cat: And other folks too :heart:

15 Likes

Welcome to all the new arrivals. I hope you find this place both interesting and accommodating.

16 Likes

Hi, everyone, and warm welcome to all the new arrivals! It’s lovely to see so many familiar folks.
I’ve been pretty much lurking since a burst of activity when I fist joined…was it just last year? (Nope, it was the year before.)
Since we have a recent influx, I thought I must not be the only person wondering about the mechanics over here as compared to that other place.
Is there a thread covering some of the how-tos? Like, how do I set it up to be notified when there’s a new post in the food thread, etc?

18 Likes

I don’t know if we have a “how to” thread for how the system works here?

It’s very similar in set up to the other place, though. Maybe fewer bells and whistles, but lower barriers to full participation…

Do we have a food thread, like we have at the other place? We do!

14 Likes

The software running here (Discourse) is the same software running at BB. The settings and plugins might be different, but the general functionality should be the same.

Generally speaking, the limits on new (level 1) accounts are looser than the defaults, and there are tweaks in a few other places.

As far as help on specifics, feel free to create a topic in the #help category, or reach out to me if you have specific questions about how things are configured here.

As far as administration goes, it’s just me and @tinoesroho on a voluntary basis, so please try to be patient and understanding.

18 Likes

To everyone who’s just arrived…
I hope my greeting don’t sound contrived…
Welcome to our Elsewhere World…
Our flag of inclusion for youse is unfurled!

22 Likes

Thanks. I’ll poke around a little more to see what I can figure out, but might set up that new topic if it seems others are interested, and then we can also share amongst ourselves as we learn and not leave it all on you and @tinoesroho .

16 Likes

Since I was looking around and finding resources, I did go ahead and create a new topic to keep track of them, here:

I started it off with links to a couple resources that might be handy for new users. Please feel free to add your own tips and tricks as you figure the space out.

16 Likes

Fantabulosa, dawling! Thanks!

9 Likes

[wakes from extended slumber]

So many new arrivals—many I know, some I don’t! I should really check in here more often. Welcome all!

If you came from that other place, you’ll catch on quickly. It’s just Discourse, except you can say moist.

13 Likes

12 Likes

ask-mortician-moist

15 Likes

The MindySignal works here too? Cool.

16 Likes

I can’t help myself!

12 Likes

:rofl:

10 Likes

Moist to Mindysan

Oh shit. It was me! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

14 Likes

12 Likes

Welcome, mutant transfers! I’m sure you’ll love it over here. It may not be as busy as The Other Place (or, TOP, if that’s how you like it), it is much friendlier and has much less drama.

16 Likes