The Nazification of America

“I just peeled them off and tossed them in my car and finished loading my groceries,” Wood said. “And then when I went to get into the driver’s side of the car, I hear this guy yelling from across the parking lot ‘(expletive) traitor. You (expletive) traitor’

I got in my car and left and he immediately started following me. That’s when I stopped being annoyed and started being scared.”

When a reporter called the business on Tuesday for a comment on the incident, a man answered the company’s phone and denied the allegations.
“It’s not accurate. That’s how the left acts. I’m not like them,” the man said before hanging up.

17 Likes

I put this here because there isn’t an R.I.P. We Won’t Miss You section.

I don’t understand the NY Times’ use of the word “quiet.” It seems like he never shut up.

11 Likes

Although it might technically fall under de-nazification… :wink:

9 Likes

Who knows how many thousands more Nazis he inspired throughout his 85 years? He’s like the Johnny Appleseed of hate.

5 Likes

I don’t understand the NY Times’ use of the word “quiet.” It seems like he never shut up.

The NYT might have never even published an op-ed from him, though I wouldn’t put it past them in those days. So merely “quiet” rather than silent?

4 Likes

8 Likes

Well, I invite everyone to read about this guy. He was into eugenics too, by the way.

Thanks for pointing that one out. I will add its link to that topic.

5 Likes

Weird that they identified the guy by name but not the company. Dude’s work truck needs some new bumper stickers. Probably a few dozen people around who’d be happy to help with that.

8 Likes

Unfortunately, that’d make the “That’s how the left acts” bit into reality, so I’d hope it doesn’t happen.

However, things like bad reviews for the business and so forth feel more like fair game. Though according to the article the business website and facebook page have already been removed, it’s still possible to find some review bombing with a little google-fu on his name and the area…

8 Likes

Problem being that if you continue to respond to Trump and his hooligans politely and calmly, they’re going to roll right over you. There is no “fair game” here; the right is not playing at this.

It pains me to say it, but the left needs to respond in kind, even if that means acting just as deplorably as the right. This dude needs to feel the same fear Ms Wood did.

America cannot stand four more years of this.

9 Likes

I don’t think that’s possible, and especially not with just defacing his property with a few stickers. Going to the lengths needed to actually cause similar fear to him with the same methods would just encourage him to escalate further.

On the other hand, his business depends on complete strangers inviting him into their homes. Having it widely known that he’s the kind of absolute trash who thinks it’s all right to (and will go out of his way to) harass, stalk, and damage the property of complete strangers who haven’t even said anything to him, is going to cause a lot more heartache.

12 Likes

Yeah, part of the fear comes from all the murders.

It’s a lot easier for assholes to be “edgy” and really scare people when someone else uses the same slogans and symbols while being “edgy” and killing people.

10 Likes

Gwinnett GOP is running scared of the increased diversity and the increased power of the democratic party. The part of the county I live in is more democratic and more diverse now, and if that trend continues, it’s likely that the 7th district (which includes the northern part of the county, where I live I’m part of the 4th, which is already strongly democratic) will flip come the next election.

6 Likes
5 Likes

A photo of the back of Wood’s car with the “I Love Trump” stickers attached was posted to Facebook on Monday by a man identified as Tommy Dunaway. In addition to the one sticker that had been put on top of her Stacey Abrams sticker, the second one was put on top of a Black Lives Matter bumper sticker.

The post was still on his page as of Wednesday afternoon.

“I added some ‘I love Trump’ stickers to this (expletive) collection,” he said in the post.

As of Thursday afternoon, there has been no response to a message a Daily Post reporter left for the man from the Facebook post.

After the story of what happened to Wood began to spread Monday and Tuesday, the website and Facebook page for the company listed on the van was taken down and the business’ status was changed to “Permanently Closed” on Google.

Meanwhile, Wood said she called Lawrenceville police to the report the incident Monday and an officer came out to talk to her.

“(He) essentially said, ‘Oh gee, that’s too bad that it happened. Things are just really heated on both sides these days so, you know, have a nice day,’” Wood said.

http://gwinnettdailypost.com/local/man-accused-of-placing-trump-stickers-on-car-of-local/article_09518d60-a856-11e9-bb65-57a1be2380be.html

4 Likes
6 Likes

Now, this is an opportunity.

Compile all of the far-right organizations that recent domestic right-wing murderers have been a part of, and amend the bill to add them, as well as “right-wing extremists.”

And then watch them squirm as they try to explain why the left and antifa are worthy of the “domestic terrorist” label, but the people actually killing people to enact a political agenda aren’t.

12 Likes

But the resolution is intended to criminalize a whole movement-- or just opposition-- as an organization.

That encourages amorphous conveniently-shifting definitions. An analogous move would not target specific organizations (who declare that they have nothing to do with their members’ murders) but broadly-defined movements: “pro-fascism,” “integral nationalism,” “anti-communism,” etc.

6 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes