The Nazification of America

OK that’s certainly taking things to the next step. And they say antifa are the perpetrators?

can’t like this. we need another button for “goddamn that’s awful.”

8 Likes
8 Likes

ABC News obtained an internal memo showing that CBP “was aware, as early as February 2018, of at least one private Facebook group that included ‘inappropriate and offensive posts’ by its personnel.”

They’ve known for over a year, the shitheads.

10 Likes

I wanna take a moment and shout out a fallen comrade - Willem Van Spronsen.

Van Spronsen was active in the seattle anti-fascist scene for many years as a writer and activist.

At the ripe age of 69 (nice!) Van Spronsen’s last act was to take direct action against the infrastructure today’s nazis - sorry, ICE - use. Van Spronsen attempted to burn down the nazi prisoner bus fleet in the parking lot.

You’re never too old to join the revolution. We have a moral imperative to continue the fight - for the fallen, and for our siblings whomst these modern nazis persecute.

7 Likes

willem’s final release - an album titled the audio manifesto - is available on the web archive.

2 Likes
12 Likes

Ugh.

My suspected real reason: Spencer is telegenic. Remember those breathless profiles of neo-Nazis swooning over their excellent sartorial choices? It was in a magazine profile before the last election.

9 Likes

anti-facist-spencer-punch

9 Likes

A friend’s post today.

This cut me to the core. Cannot ever happen again…

"Each step was so small, so inconsequential, so well explained or, on occasion, ‘regretted,’ that unless one understood what the whole thing was in principle, what all these ‘little measures’… must some day lead to, one no more saw it developing from day to day than a farmer in his field sees the corn growing - each act is worse than the last, but only a little worse. You wait for the next and the next. You wait for one great shocking occasion, thinking that others, when such a shock comes, will join you in resisting somehow.

You don’t want to act, or even talk, alone; you don’t want to ‘go out of your way to make trouble.’ But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes. That’s the difficulty. The forms are all there, all untouched, all reassuring, the houses, the shops, the jobs, the mealtimes, the visits, the concerts, the cinema, the holidays. But the spirit, which you never noticed because you made the lifelong mistake of identifying it with the forms, is changed. Now you live in a world of hate and fear, and the people who hate and fear do not even know it themselves, when everyone is transformed, no one is transformed. You have accepted things you would not have accepted five years ago, a year ago, things your father could never have imagined."

From Milton Mayer, They Thought They Were Free, The Germans, 1933-45 (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1955)

15 Likes

I’m not as blase as she is. There are a lot of us the Nazis want to exterminate, and this rhetoric implies that our continued survival is “domestic terrorism.”

3 Likes

“I just peeled them off and tossed them in my car and finished loading my groceries,” Wood said. “And then when I went to get into the driver’s side of the car, I hear this guy yelling from across the parking lot ‘(expletive) traitor. You (expletive) traitor’

I got in my car and left and he immediately started following me. That’s when I stopped being annoyed and started being scared.”

When a reporter called the business on Tuesday for a comment on the incident, a man answered the company’s phone and denied the allegations.
“It’s not accurate. That’s how the left acts. I’m not like them,” the man said before hanging up.

17 Likes

I put this here because there isn’t an R.I.P. We Won’t Miss You section.

I don’t understand the NY Times’ use of the word “quiet.” It seems like he never shut up.

11 Likes

Although it might technically fall under de-nazification… :wink:

9 Likes

Who knows how many thousands more Nazis he inspired throughout his 85 years? He’s like the Johnny Appleseed of hate.

5 Likes

I don’t understand the NY Times’ use of the word “quiet.” It seems like he never shut up.

The NYT might have never even published an op-ed from him, though I wouldn’t put it past them in those days. So merely “quiet” rather than silent?

4 Likes

8 Likes

Well, I invite everyone to read about this guy. He was into eugenics too, by the way.

Thanks for pointing that one out. I will add its link to that topic.

5 Likes

Weird that they identified the guy by name but not the company. Dude’s work truck needs some new bumper stickers. Probably a few dozen people around who’d be happy to help with that.

8 Likes

Unfortunately, that’d make the “That’s how the left acts” bit into reality, so I’d hope it doesn’t happen.

However, things like bad reviews for the business and so forth feel more like fair game. Though according to the article the business website and facebook page have already been removed, it’s still possible to find some review bombing with a little google-fu on his name and the area…

8 Likes

Problem being that if you continue to respond to Trump and his hooligans politely and calmly, they’re going to roll right over you. There is no “fair game” here; the right is not playing at this.

It pains me to say it, but the left needs to respond in kind, even if that means acting just as deplorably as the right. This dude needs to feel the same fear Ms Wood did.

America cannot stand four more years of this.

9 Likes